- Old Adobe Union Sch District
DISTRICT UPDATE ON REOPENING SCHOOL TO ON-CAMPUS HYBRID LEARNING - FEBRUARY 22, 2021
QUESTION 5: Can you share the school schedule for the hybrid model when school reopens to on-campus instruction?
ANSWER 5: Next week, we will be reviewing data for each school in relation to the hybrid model, with the intent of keeping each child with their current home teacher. This may or may not be possible. All information will be communicated to families in a timely manner.
Based on the latest guidance and requirements it is possible that our plan can still change or be revised based on the guidelines.
1. Students will attend school Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday either in a morning or afternoon session of 150 minutes of direct instructional time. Wednesdays will follow a synchronous and asynchronous distance learning format similar to the current daily distance learning schedule. The 1/2 school days at home will be distance learning to meet the required daily instructional minutes as follows:
- TK/K 180 minutes per school day
- 1st-3rd 230 minutes per school day
- 4th-6th 240 minutes per school day
2. Students and staff will be kept in stable groups that stay together for all activities and minimize/avoid contact with other groups or individuals who are not part of the stable group.
Hybrid Model Morning and Afternoon Stable Groups with possible staggered start times