• District Transfers

    Old Adobe Union School District welcomes students who reside outside of our district boundaries, and also allows students who live in our District to transfer to a school outside of their residential neighborhood. Students who reside within a particular residential area have enrollment priority at that school, and transfer students may be enrolled based on the availability of space, our Board Policy Order of Serving Students, and acceptance of a transfer application. The determine the school of residence for a residential neighborhood, please go to OAUSD Street Listings

    Intra or Inter? What is the difference?

    Intra - An Intradistrict transfer is a transfer from one school to another school within the same school district.

    Inter - An Interdistrict transfer is a transfer from one school district to another school district.

    Please note: Petaluma has several school districts with Petaluma addresses. There are also several one-school school districts in Petaluma.

    Please check the OAUSD Street Listings to see which resident street goes with what school in OAUSD, or you may call 707-765-4322.

    What is an Employment-Related Transfer?

    Employment-Related transfers are for families who have at least one parent or guardian of a student who is physically employed within the boundaries of that school district for a minimum of 10 hours during the school week. (Ed Code 48204)

    Interdistrict Transfers

    The Interdistrict transfer form is to be submitted by the parents/guardians of students who reside outside of the Old Adobe Union School District, and are submitting registration to attend one of our schools. This form is to be submitted to your district of residence for approval or you may submit it when you turn in your registration packet and we will send it to your school of residence for approval. Please Note: Parents/guardians who work within the Old Adobe Union School District boundaries, but do not live in the district will want to complete an Employment-Related transfer.

    Intra/Inter-District Transfer forms can be printed out, filled in, signed, and returned with registration forms to the school office or to the District Office (845 Crinella Drive, Petaluma, CA 94954). The District Office does not accept registration forms/packets. 

    Interdistrict Transfer Forms

    Interdistrict Transfer Form (English)

    Interdistrict Transfer Form (Spanish)

    Employment-Related Form (English)

    Employment-Related Form (Spanish)

    Intradistrict Transfers Forms

    Intradistrict Transfer Form (English)

    Intradistrict Transfer Form (Spanish)