HEALTHY BREAKFAST IDEAS
1. Oatmeal -add fresh berries and use a little brown sugar verses refined white sugar.
2. Whole-grain cereals
3. Yogurt- add fresh fruit such as blueberries and some granola.
4. Whole wheat toast with peanut butter , a glass of fresh fruit juice and a banana.
KINYATTA'S HEART-HEALTHY BINGO!
1. Choose 10 or more heart-healthy behaviors to practice as a family.
2. When you have practiced a heart-healthy behavior, color in the square.
3. Return a SIGNED sheet to your P.E. teacher
4. You will be entered into a drawing to win a prize!
A Fun Activity for the whole family to work on together! - CLICK HERE! (Then just print from your own computer!)
BOOKS to read to children about being healthy! CLICK HERE
Check out this Mindful "Body Scan"- a relaxing activity to help unwind after a day of exercise.
THE PSYCHOLOGICAL BENEFITS OF EXERCISE:
-Reduces stress and improves resilience
-Increases sence of accomplishment and self-satisfaction
-Decreases symptoms of depression
-Increases energy levels
-Improves Body image