I am beginning my thirteenth year as Old Adobe's principal. The time has flown by as the work being done at Old Adobe has become more rewarding and more challenging. I taught for 10 years and this is my 17th year of being a school administrator. I consider myself lucky to be working with such passionate people in an endeavor that makes such a profound impact on the lives of young people and their families.
There is so much about Old Adobe that is truly special! Some of the things that are exceptional at Old Adobe are:
- Students that are unusually kind to one-another.
- An exceptional teaching staff who are dedicated to providing the best education for students.
- A well-established school charter focused on arts integration and ecology. Our school charter helps us in developing creative students who know how to be good stewards of the environment.
- A community of families that support one another and lend their passion and expertise to making Old Adobe a special place.
- A community garden that is an active part of instruction for all students in grades TK-6th grade.
We would be happy to share any of this with you. Just call the school office to arrange a tour.
Old Adobe has become a conversion charter school with an emphasis on using the arts throughout the curriculum and curricula featuring ecology. As a conversion charter school we are still part of the Old Adobe Union School District. As a result of being a charter school we will have artists in residence working with our students and teachers. Our teachers will also be part of professional development that will help them in bringing the arts to their students every day.
If you would like to learn more please talk to me, or your child's teacher.
Thank you again, for trusting us with your children.